Anyone know if this ebay 2mm Dyneema can be used to make whoopie slings?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
No it cant, that is kernmantle rope, the stuff needed for whoopee slings need to be hollow and thicker, amsteel blue is around 3mm

ollyboyd

Dec 2, 2013
Scotland
Ah ok thanks guys!, I was just about to pull the trigger on it as well :/ Is there a consensus on the cheapest UK hollow cord?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Just to note, that stuff is the same as the stuff in the 2mm dyneema group buy thread. It works out much cheaper in the group buy.

J

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Just to note, that stuff is the same as the stuff in the 2mm dyneema group buy thread. It works out much cheaper in the group buy.

J

Fantastic line it is aswell, by far the best I've found.

Amsteel blue 2.5mm, Marlow d12 2.5mm, English braids Dynamic line 2mm(the best but the most expensive) are what you want generally for whoopies. Stein throwline 2.2mm does for lighter hangers. 3mm recommended for much heavier dudes.

ollyboyd

Dec 2, 2013
Scotland
Fantastic line it is aswell, by far the best I've found.

Amsteel blue 2.5mm, Marlow d12 2.5mm, English braids Dynamic line 2mm(the best but the most expensive) are what you want generally for whoopies. Stein throwline 2.2mm does for lighter hangers. 3mm recommended for much heavier dudes.

That's great thanks for the info, i think i'll go for The Stein throwline 2.2mm, from here http://www.mowers2go.co.uk/machines/buy-the-stein-skyline-dyneema-throwline-2-2mm-50m/ Seems to be £21 for 50m, obviously that's way more than i need and it's not exactly subtle for stealth camping! I weight 67kg so I should be fine and it's cheap.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If you don't abuse it and don't string the hammock too tight (about 30 degrees is the aim) it will be fine. It's worryingly thin though.

I'm near 100kg and it's been on for over a year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE