anyone in kent??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

caswcc

May 5, 2010
kent
i'm in east peckham.. in between tonbridge and maidstone... be cool to meet up so will keep an eye out for the next meet.. or if any of u fancy a walk round this area let me know i've lived here for 37 years so know some cool places... and if ur interested in getting into the war and peace show the back way let me know...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm in Kent - just to the south of Maidstone.
I often go with friends to one or two spots along the Downs (found a particularly good spot this weekend - and it's going to remain a secret!).
Another good place is the Bushcraft Magazine site (as mentioned by Bardster - how was the elderflower wine, by the way?).

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I'm in Kent - just to the south of Maidstone.
I often go with friends to one or two spots along the Downs (found a particularly good spot this weekend - and it's going to remain a secret!).
Another good place is the Bushcraft Magazine site (as mentioned by Bardster - how was the elderflower wine, by the way?).

absolutely fantastic mate, Cheers!!

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
im pretty near kent

just found out about a great little camp site next to the river rother on the kent/sussex border (its near bodiam castle)

you can have a fire there fish in the river for free and launch a canoe for water fun

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4017-Exploring-The-Eastern-Rother

there is someone talking about the camp site at the end of this thread

i live almost next to the rother and the gf wants me to teach her paddling and camp here more often

ive checked out on google earth and its a huge site not really my style though with the river next to it this could afford some oppotunitys

hell i might even get into it and end up playing swing ball with the "regular campers " lol

im so use to stealth camping with a bivi or a basher but hey im not getting any younger so maybe this is for me now

Last edited:

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
erm

look i went to the bodiam camp site this weekend - well we stayed one night and left at day break

anyone into bushcrafting will not like this site ,this was supose to be a beer free one for me and my partner in crime but a few hours into being there we walked to the pub which was quieter than the campsite by far!
the walk to the pub was lovely very quiet i supose it was around about a 3k stroll along the riverside. and an awful lot of beer later we strolled back past the hordes of caravans with saterlit tvs neon lights super sized tents with portable picnic tables out side and stepped over the many beer cans till we got to our spot squeezed between the quiet family and the ,pretty sure you guys would descibe as "group of chavs" we restarted the fire rolled out bivi bags and downed all the beer we could so we could pass out as quick as possible.

if you like a vibrant campsite where you can launch a canoe this is for you . if you want a peacefull experiance in touch with the outdoors you will not like it . the whole point of this trip was to assertain canoe usage and we were both sadened by the prospect of having to camp there again to use the canoe however luckily at the pub (which is great and friendly) we met a local land owner who is happy for us to park and launch canoe from there land

its the first time i have ever been to a campsite like this and will be my last and im pretty sure i can say with confidence bush crafters will not like it and at £8 per person per night its a heavy price to pay to "give it a try"

Last edited:
S

SDJC

Hi guys

Just joined the gorum so thought I'd say hi! I'm based in Kent - we tend to do lots of our stuff on the South Downs or the Ashdown Forest. AF in particular is beautiful and very underused so would definitely recommend it!

Stuart

M

mattmcdaid

Hi guys,

My job has recently brought me to Bromley, north Kent. Last year i relocated from Chepstow in the Wye Valley, where i discovered my love for all things outdoors. Having moved to the outskirts of London I am climbing the walls!!!! It would be great if any of you guys would be kind enough to let me know where I can pitch up for a few nights in Kent. Or better still, maybe i could attend some sort of local 'meet-up?' I understand the need for privacy for a lot of the wild camping spots but I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE