Anyone have information about this knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

JBird

I got this knife from my grandfather about 12yrs ago, how long he had it I have know idea. Here are the details: Puukko style knife, leather sheath with a bear track stamped on it, written on the blade is "Hackman Finland Stainless" below this is written "Tapio Wirkkala", handle is some sort of black composition with brass near the blade and at the end, shape of the handle is sort of diamond except the sharp corners are rounded. I know a picture would be better but for now this will have to do. Any information on this will be appreciated.
Thanks,
JBird

J

JBird

Steve A,
Thats it excatly! Thanks alot. My grandfather gave me the knife when we where cleaning out some tackle boxes in his work shed, it was in one of them, when I asked him about it his reply was that he couldn't remember were he got. Again thanks alot.
JBird

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Lucky find then. Is yours in good condition? It's nearly 40 years old now then.

You had better look after it.

Bill

J

JBird

Yes the knife is in good conditioned looks like it was put to a sharpening stone maybe once or twice. As far as selling it sorry it does have sentimental value.
JBird

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
They came to the U.S. in two sizes: 8 5/8" end-to-end (215.6mm) and 7 1/4" (181.25mm). I was stunned when I tried to get one on ebay last year and watched the bids climb and climb.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE