Anyone have any Eggnog recipes made with UK ingredients?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Granted I should google this request but what the hell I'm too bone idle and I now I'd get better and workable results here anyway.

So like the subject line says, does anyone have any recipes? I acquired the taste for eggnog while living with some Americans on an USAAF airbase in Oxfordshire back in the 80's and sorta fancy seeing if it tastes as good as I remember it.

Thanks in advance folks.

Having typed the above I wonder if there are any different drinks that could be prepped and served over the season that would be different from the normal. Both non alcoholic as well as the getting your friends in a headlock and tell them you love them type too.

Share your favs.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A simple "Moose-Milk" recipe.... a recipe given to me by some Canadians many years ago as a New Years Day "recovery" drink...... kinda mellowing.... :)
Melt 1 liter of vanilla icecream and add it to 1 liter of full milk.
Add equal measures of dark rum and brandy to taste
Sprinkle with nutmeg

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
I make my own baileys with jamesons or bushmills well a lot of jameys tbh camp coffee coronation milk cream n milk chocolate .mmmmmmm i feel a 11s coming on.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Sloe gin berries ,once happy with me sloe gin I use the berries in making apple cider ,perkscit up a lot thought I'd add this just in case use don't use them .

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
You can get tetra packs of it in the World Food section of Tescos Aaron. It's in the Jamaican bit right next to the saltfish and ackee and cans of Ting. Might be worth a look if you're back in the UK at xmas. And yes, it should be nearly as good as you remember it hopefully! Not quite as nice as the cartons of thick yellow eggie goodness in North America but it's close enough. Used to drink a lot of homeade stuff but it's always a bit more runny and somehow not as nice.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've never made eggnog as I've always just bought it at the store. But I did find these 2 recipes if you want to try them:
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/​eggnog-recipe2
www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Homemade-​Eggnog

The 1st one is an alcoholic version (Bourbon) but should work fine as a non-alcoholic version just by leaving out the bourbon. The second is a straight eggnogg recipe (you can add alcohol of your choice later if you chose)

If you try either of them please let us know how they come out.

OH! Yeah. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting any of the ingredients in the UK but please remember; these recipes are in US measures (an US cup is only 8 ounces and a US quart is only 32 ounces)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE