Anyone got any experience of ford or iveco tippers ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Hi, as the title suggests I am looking in to buying either a ford or iveco crew cab tipper.
I currently use a land rover defender 110 for pulling my mowers around but fancy more of a multi use vehicle.
With a crew cab tipper I have more seats for shifting folks about and I can build a strong box on the back to hold the strimmers, hedge cutters etc but can remove that in the winter to carry aggregate etc.
Does anyone use any of the above and what are the pros and cons etc ?

Thanks

James

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Hi, as the title suggests I am looking in to buying either a ford or iveco crew cab tipper.
I currently use a land rover defender 110 for pulling my mowers around but fancy more of a multi use vehicle.
With a crew cab tipper I have more seats for shifting folks about and I can build a strong box on the back to hold the strimmers, hedge cutters etc but can remove that in the winter to carry aggregate etc.
Does anyone use any of the above and what are the pros and cons etc ?

Thanks

James
Ford and Iveco are basically the same vehicle, both have a lot of plastic in the cab, and if you carry a lot of people the cab interior wont last long, if you are going for second hand make sure you check the gearbox they tend to knacker the linkage very easily which sometimes makes it hard to get the gears, also check the doors for tightness as they tend to strain easily, why not have a look at ex RAC and AA recovery vehicles with the crew cabs, and the tilting back good for getting your gear off and you can have sides put on them if needed, they tend to be well looked after too.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Thanks for the advice. I thought they were pretty much the same. I will have to test drive a couple and see how they feel.
They will certainly be 2nd hand though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE