anyone got an esbit stove????

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
http://www.tauntonleisure.com/esbit-solid-fuel-or-spirit-cookset-985ml/p6867

just thinking about getting this stove or the smaller pot type, just wanted to know if anyone has got 1 and what they think of it...

my main thought is what the meths burner is like, if its not all that good then id be tempted to get the smaller pot & stand for less money and just use my own burner....

many thanks.

chris.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
The burner has a handle on the simmer ring which is a clever little feature. It makes life easier if you want to snub or put on a lower flame within the windshield/stand. I've not timed how long it took to boil water. It just did at some stage, and is overall a good, stable, compact kettle. I'm not sure how wind proof the wind shield is, but at least it's a support for a piece of foil if you need more protection.

Last edited:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I have this one
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=164029951

which I find to be excellent, especially at that price. The burner is a Trangia clone, but heats up and blooms faster than the real thing. The pans aren't anodised aluminium though, so food will stick really badly if you try to saute in it (encourages healthy steaming:)). Boils water really quickly, which suits my style of camp food.

thats allot of stove for the money, but a little big for me...

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
The burner has a handle on the simmer ring which is a clever little feature. It makes life easier if you want to snub or put on a lower flame within the windshield/stand. I've not timed how long it took to boil water. It just did at some stage, and is overall a good, stable, compact kettle. I'm not sure how wind proof the wind shield is, but at least it's a support for a piece of foil if you need more protection.

sounds like it could be worth a punt, the pot is worth £20 on its own anyway, so not too bad for price....

thanks gents...

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks Graham, your the man...:)

Graham, does the pot have a set of fins on the bottom like the jet boil????

regards.

chris.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE