Anyone going to Jokkmokk next year??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Hi folks, I know quite a few of you have been to Jokkmokk in the past few years and I was wondering if anyone or maybe even a group is planning on going next year as well.
Reason why I am asking is that I am currently investigating possibilities to do likewise with a small group of bushcraft Sweden-members.
Might be fun to arrange a meet up.

As of now there are no fixed plans yet. Just checking.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi Ron, were you planning on camping at the Arctic campsite or wild ? I'm in talks with a guy at the moment but it's still early days, the market next year is the 1-3 of February yes ?

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Hi Bopdude, we are looking at using a large military tent&stove as a base, but other then that no plans yet. In order to keep costs down, as there are a few who do not have limitless resources and to avoid crowds, the suggestion is made to camp a bit away from the market itself.
We are also consulting with "local" members as to how and what.

So right now anything is optional.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees

Thanks Gregor

Hi Bopdude, we are looking at using a large military tent&stove as a base, but other then that no plans yet. In order to keep costs down, as there are a few who do not have limitless resources and to avoid crowds, the suggestion is made to camp a bit away from the market itself.
We are also consulting with "local" members as to how and what.

So right now anything is optional.

There is a great spot near to the Arctic camp on the opposite side of the road just off the Arctic trail 66.593454, 19.883387 this is about 30 minutes walk from Jokkmokk and plenty of space with a fair supply of wood, it's where 4 of us stayed for a few nights in 3 tents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE