Anyone been on British Blades recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

Just clicked on British blades and got a message saying it had been hacked :(

3feGssA.jpg

Anyone else get this too?

John..

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
A few folks have had it, I think it's when you go in via a search engine rather than a bookmark or history.

I don't think it's going to be resolved straight away but the mods on BB are aware of it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's certain browsers picking up a rogue redirect to MyFileStore. MyFileStore is a phishing site and many forums are affected by it. BB isn't hacked as such, it's just the redirect that's causing the problems. Apparently it's not a straightforward fix, but as far as we know, BB itself is secure.

I haven't had any sign of the problem using IOS on my phone or pad, even if entering via a google search.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Thanks!

I tried first by clicking the link in my favourites which came up with the warning, I then did a search through Google and when I clicked on it, It was the same :rolleyes:

Not being a Wizz with these fangled compooter thingies, I'll give it a miss until it starts working again OK :cool::cool:

Kind regards, John :)

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Ive been on and off the site in the last few days without any problem at all, I am using Opera 43.0, which deletes all my history,cookies, etc, when I turn my browser off, had no troubles at all, I do not use Google at all as a browser or anything else, as it is too vunerable to attack.

Mar 13, 2017
terra
if you are using chrome its to do with ssl certification they use.

basically ignore it not a great problem really.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE