any recommendations on Tents (what about this one?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stor...ay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=0199382

219-0199382SPA68UC415270X.jpg

Lichfield Treklite 200 - 2 Person Tent.

149€.79

* A lightweight technical tent ideal for backpacking and trekking.

* 3000mm flysheet, 5000mm groundsheet.

* Groundsheet attached.

* Taped seams.

* 1 room.

* 1 door.

* 4 air vents.

* Colour coded poles.

* Quick clips.

* Tension adjusters.

* Ripstop fabric.

* Durable and strong alloy poles.

* Compact pack size and stable construction.

* Fire retardant.

* Size of overall tent (H)90, (W)195, (D)230cm.

* Size of room (H)85, (W)135, (D)225cm.

* Height at highest point 90cm.

* Packed size 43 x 9cm.

* Weight 1.9kg.

* Manufacturer's 3 years guarantee.

* Exclusions: Commercial use (i.e. hiring, outdoor centres), accident, improper care, use in inappropriate conditions, normal wear and tear.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It looks OK, but for £100, or roughly the equivalent, I'd be more likely to consider a Wild Country Trisar, or something by Vau De, Aztec or Vango.

I should add that I don't believe the packed size either. I have a one man Pro Action Tent (also from Argos) which packs small, but not as small as 43 x 9 cm.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have a Robens Cloud 2 ( older green one ) and I like it, I wouldn't part with it. Pitches inner first though, so have to be lively in wet weather. It does go up fast enough for it not to be a major problem. I've not been caught out in any really nasty weather in it, just some heavy showers but it held up well. Cool in the summer too.

I can bring it to Gort if you are travelling and you can see it pitched for yourself. I don't remember what I paid for it and I dont know what they go for now but I dont think it was really expensive.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Try an source a end-of-line Mountain Hardwear Mountain Wing (or Mountain Wing 2 if you fancy something bigger) or a Jack Wolfskin Gossamer. A Jack Wolfskin Tarp Tent or Robens Dreamer. All are good quality/vfm and are around £100

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
how much does that look like the Vango banshee??

banshee%20200%20pine.jpg

I wonder if it's last years variant? I looked at this when looking for a tent but it was a bit short for me (6'1") and not much room for kit. It says it was a 2 man but it would be really cosy :rolleyes: More info here I wouldn't recommend this for a 2 man, really quite small.

Cheers,

Alan

Paddywacker

May 31, 2008
Dublin
Yeah, that tent is the image of the Vango Banshee. I have a North Face Tadpole like Malente. Its a great little tent. Goes up Inner first. Ive pitched it with just the fly and the footprint too and its quite spacious. It is tiny though and Ive slept in a Vango banshee and I wouldn't rate it at all.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
a mate of mine is probably selling the vango equivilent of this little yoke. he bought it but never used it. i will check into it if you want.

edit; just wanted to add, gort would probably be an ideal place to talk gear, check out what systems everone else is using, test stuff out and consider your options. if you are stuck for a tent for gort, i doubt it will be a problem there will probably be spare tents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE