Any one help me?

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Hi I'm new to bushcraft and looking for a decent cheap and affordable tarp.. I was wondering whether anyone had one for sale or could point me in the right direction to finding one... Any help much appreciated :)

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Hi Sam.
You could try Field & Trek/ Sports Direct.They sometimes have deals on Terra Nova.
Some very cheap ones on Ebay but could be heavy and more at home on the back of a pickup!
Cheers , Simon

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if its for solo use poncho tarps are handy check military mart you can grab them for a few quid short of a tenner sometimes failing that the dd hammocks 3x3m is around £30

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Fair does, well a DD 3x3m is going to be your best bet, relatively cheap and loads of pitching options.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
twhammocks.co.uk Just ordered a Sargasso storm tarp to go with my TW XL :D :D

My friend has the Cornelius tarp which is TW equivalent of the DD 3x3m its very good but seems to be out of stock atm.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I think for ground dwelling and general use its hard to beat an army basha; tough, fairly flexible in options easily picked up for a reasonable price. Maybe a tad heavy but that is cos its bombproof
Its what I started with and I still use it when ground dwelling I have added a micro tarp to use as a beak but that's luxury

The desert ones seem to be a bit cheaper at the moment

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
There are plenty of very cheap builders' tarps about, you can pick one up for under a fiver. They usually don't have so many fixing points as purpose-made jobs but if can make sure you pick sheltered spots (or it isn't windy) and you just want to get an idea of the size that suits you it's a cheaper way of doing it.

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Thanks from the advice I'm going to buy a tw xl cornelius in black.. Cnt wait to get it and spend the first night in the wild :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE