Any Mid Devon Bushcrafters out There?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
No nothing ever came of it as far as I know. At least I heard nothing myself.
A bit difficult at the moment due to the present lockdown but hopefully everyone will have their tongues hanging out by the time it's over so perhaps we could meet then.
I'm thinking that we could all meet up initially on a campsite somewhere central ish and get to know one another and pool info on sites and other ideas.
What do you think guys?

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No nothing ever came of it as far as I know. At least I heard nothing myself.
A bit difficult at the moment due to the present lockdown but hopefully everyone will have their tongues hanging out by the time it's over so perhaps we could meet then.
I'm thinking that we could all meet up initially on a campsite somewhere central ish and get to know one another and pool info on sites and other ideas.
What do you think guys?

Yes , I appreciate the current situation will dominate for some time to come but like you It would be nice to form a group meeting even if the end result is to just sit around a camp fire and swapping tall tales.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'll look at some smaller sites that allow fires if possible so it can be a bit more like "just us lot" but there is always the worry that many sites will fold and not be available after this.
I do know of a nice reasonably cheap one on exmoor with a riverside firepits and access to the open moorland if legs need stretching a bit. But it's not terribly central. No hammocks either. But I'm sure that we can cope with just tents for a couple of nights. I may have to rely on public transport so that's my main problem getting anywhere at all. I've sorned the bikes as I can't go anywhere on them anyway can't get mot so I'm off the road for forseeable future.

Reactions: TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hopeing to sort something along the lines of a get together for us south western lot around June or July. I have a couple of public sites in mind . One or two near Porlock one on exmoor fairly central and one between Tiverton and South molton.
Am presently undergoing some medical problems and having regular hospital appointments but depending how things go with an operation next week, I may be able to sort out a long awaited meet up.
One site allows fires and hammocks (near tivvy,) aswell as tents so that looks like a preference and hammocks are only 3.50 a night.
If things don't go so well, I can pass the details on to someone else and they could organise it if anyone is willing?
Would be good to know what people want, ie hammocks or tents, cheapness, preferred location. All sites I propose allow fires in firepits.
Buy wood on site or bring your own.

Callumd, Tee dee lives in Exeter, so it might be worth seeing if you two can hook up .

Reactions: callumd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE