Any Machinists On The Forum?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any machinists capable of making me a Cap for this Beer Keg ( doesn't need to be water tight or high tolerance ) that can be grub screwed or secured over the Outlet of this Beer Keg?

keg.jpgkeg1.jpgkeg2.jpg

The last photo shows the Top cap which will be removed.

TIA

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
I have a lathe and a mill in the garage. Just a hobby though. I'd be happy to help.

What sort of cap are you looking for and what size is the outlet of the beer keg?

Given the rolled top of the outlet shown in the pics something that fits inside the outlet would make more sense to me. Would a big cork or bung not work?

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have a lathe and a mill in the garage. Just a hobby though. I'd be happy to help.

What sort of cap are you looking for and what size is the outlet of the beer keg?

Given the rolled top of the outlet shown in the pics something that fits inside the outlet would make more sense to me. Would a big cork or bung not work?

Can do a plug inside , maybe just drill a hole through and slip a long Detent pip pin ( if i can find one... ) or ringed split pin.

I'll measure the size after I've removed the outer cap.

Many Thanks.

Reactions: Grebby

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
When they filled some with sand on the fire station they made wooden bungs and hammered them in still surviving after 5 years

I was hoping for a way to add & decrease weight when needed. Hence Why I suggest something fitted with a Grubscrew so that I can easily adjust.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
I cannot remember when you unscrew and take out the valve part, you may be able to remove the pipes etc and seal the openings and reuse cap. The lads on station went for the easiest option

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I cannot remember when you unscrew and take out the valve part, you may be able to remove the pipes etc and seal the openings and reuse cap. The lads on station went for the easiest option

I'm assuming this was part of an impromptu PT session? Can't imagine moving Beer Kegs is part of the Fire Dept standardized approved criteria??

Do you remember what did you guys load them upto and what did you do with them? Lift & carry as part of a relay event ?

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
I cannot remember what they loaded them up to, it was not my idea of a fitness regime. They used them for reps doing crossfit type training, along with tractor tyres etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE