Any Kent Bushcrafters Out There?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello, is there anybody out there?

I live in Kent, Snodland actually – home of the Smurfs! - and was wandering where all the Kent Bushcrafters where?

I don’t bite, I am clean, I like dirty jokes, toilet humour, beer and girls!:cool:

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps that’s why I’m so all alone‼‼

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Thats probably hit the nail on the head. Other than your good self, its one of those places where bushcraft never actually caught on.
Its right at the righthand end of the country so by the time folk had got through East Sussex it petered out.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex

I live in Kent, Snodland actually – home of the Smurfs! - and was wandering where all the Kent Bushcrafters where?

I don’t bite, I am clean, I like dirty jokes, toilet humour, beer and girls!:cool:

Why not come to one of the Sussex meets Mark?, we hold our meets over at Forest Row/Wych Cross, so not that far away from you

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Thats probably hit the nail on the head. Other than your good self, its one of those places where bushcraft never actually caught on.
Its right at the righthand end of the country so by the time folk had got through East Sussex it petered out.

Hmmm.....

Doesn't Bardster post here any more? I'd guess there are plenty of Kent bushcrafters on here and Kent is also the home of the Bushcraft Magazine.

These are pretty good bushcraft credentials for a county I'd have thought.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London

Being a bit gung ho about things when I joined up I noticed there was no group for Kent so I just went ahead and created one. No-one joined (yet). As no-one did I also joined the Sussex group Kepis mentions though I haven't made it to one of the meets yet.

There are a fair few people in Kent though they seem to be hooking up via threads rather than groups.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Yeah there are a few of us ;) Mad Mike often organises a get together in various places. The farm is pretty much always available if people want to use it. Most of the kent crew seem to be loners though ;)
We are going to build a camp kitchen and some kind of roundhouse at the site this year, probably with straw bales. if anyone wants to help?

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
No problem, if your geography is OK, What part of KENT is Richmond Surrey?

No part last time I looked but then I've never claimed to live in Kent. I have camped in Bardster's fields a few times so my geography extends to finding my way there (barely) :)

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Yeah there are a few of us ;) Mad Mike often organises a get together in various places. The farm is pretty much always available if people want to use it. Most of the kent crew seem to be loners though ;)
We are going to build a camp kitchen and some kind of roundhouse at the site this year, probably with straw bales. if anyone wants to help?

Organise is a word rarely used in connection with me :) I have collected some hazel for the roundhouse I think more will be needed

Never alone with the cat around

01.jpg

The delicious aroma of chicken on an open fire attracts company, as does putting the kettle on

Mike

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you guys, I thought that I was a soloist; I’ve met hundreds of wan bees, but no doers!

I even thought about breaking a lifetime rule and doing a Brokeback Mountain:yuck:, but my wife didn’t think I would like it! She is so wise, :confused: and thinks I should just stick to beer, and toilet humor – she won’t let me play with girls either, which is why I’m a soloist (married you see!):deadhorse:. Oh! Just in case you have a potty mind like me, I'm not into to**ing off dead horses either, but I'll eat one!:)

Is anyone going the Steve’s (The Bushcraft Magazine) May Fest, cos I’ll be there?

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent

I live in Rochester now but i used to live in cuxton 5 min from where you live.
I will be at the may day meet again.I got a couple of knives for you to sharped again.
Such a good weekend that the Bushcraft magazine put on.
Even when it hammered it down one year we still had a great time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE