Any interest in Carbon Fibre sheets for knife handles etc?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo, as per title, anyone interested in carbon fibre sheets for knife handles, crafts etc?

I can get hold of a decent source of perfect knife scale size/shapes of high quality carbon fibre. They will be off cuts from larger sheets but still perfectly good for anything you might want it for.

Trying to gauge an interest before I aquire any for trading etc

If you are interested let me know as I'd be really interested to see what you do with it. :)

Cheers

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I learned the hard way that there is good carbon fibre, and there is good carbon fibre for knife handles. I bought some good laminate only to find that it was not woven, but rather stapled together with some other fibre. very strong, very sound, but a total nightmare to cut or work. Very splintery. Before learning this I did sell a little on BB, but generally there was little or no interest in the 4mm or so sheet.

You need to tell people what kind of laminate arrangement the material and what the thickness is in order for them to know whether its worth going for. Any which way you go, carbon fibre isn't nice stuff to work with and you need to be sure that the end result will be worth all the trouble in cutting and shaping...and dust management.

I wish you the very best of luck with your decision.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE