Any good overnight spots

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Hi guys I'm looking to get out in the next couple of weeks for a cheeky overnight stay somewhere.. Any one know of anywhere in the Northwest within easy distance of Wigan for a good walk and an overnight stay somewhere out the way where I won't be disturbed every 10 minutes by passers by?? Somewhere that I can throw a tarp up easy enough.. If you have any ideas or would like to come along.. Comment or message me

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
I've had a look on Google maps.. Pretty interesting finding areas where you didn't think there was woodlands.. I need a weekend buddy to start trekking and overnighting with so I can learn more skills

Can't help you on locations. But as said by ZEbbEDY, Google Maps (satellite) & Google Earth are great...plus I use the 'Streetmap' website, as it shows an OS map (if you zoom in one click closer than the default view)...which can be great help finding public rights of way which you won't see on Google Maps, plus features which might be obscured in satellite shots above woodland. I open Google Maps & Streetmap in my browser tabs and alternate between the 2 to get a real good understanding of what's about. Then I visit locations on day trips to test them out before committing to longer camps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE