Any comments so far for the new survivorman season?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I really enjoy this years new survivorman season. The thing I like best is that Les Stroud is equipped with a little bit more survival gear. In my opinion a good plus for the show because you see a bit more survival skills. I liked the dogsled episode in Labrador, and the Alaska canoe trip. Any other comments so far?

Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
I've seen up to the 4th episode in series 2. So far it is as awesome as the previous series so I would encourange anyone to watch these for the realism and practical survival stuff rather than a bunch of theory and ancient tribal skills which you get with Ray and others (Don't get me wrong, I love Ray, this is just something different).

The fact that you know there is no film crew or anyone else there to help him if things go wrong make the experience all the more 'real' - especially in the frozen lake crossing bits. Not a chance you would get me doing that!

*SPOILERS*

My favourite bit so far is him being chased out of the jungle by Jaguars, oh and using the hot air ballon in africa as a defensive flame thrower was pretty fun :AR15firin

If you like to keep your own personal archive of things to watch off-line, then I expect you can download these episodes from the usual sites. Nuff said.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Great shows. Les has a super personality and presents survival in a realistic setting. I like some of his innovation like the balloon burner being used to deter animals.
I hope they keep doing more shows and add more technique. The skills demonstrated are proper and realistic.
I also like the honesty of Les Stroud, if he makes a hammock and it falls down when he climbs into it, he will show that and give us a bit of realistic humor. I do wish he would get a proper knife though and not the ones he has used so far. Maybe he is on the Woodlore waiting list
:confused:

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
have to agree with you lot Les is brill so is Ray 2 different programs in what they portray so I enjoy both when poss same as you

Raptor

Tenderfoot
Hi all,
just discovered Les Stroud through the medium of "You Tube", all his episodes from series one are up there, plus two or three from the latest series. I agree with the previous inputs, he is very realistic. Only critisim I have is that he simply seems to spend his whole 7 days starving. I would like to see him with a bit more equipment to get out there with, give him a chance to get food. Although he does seem to be carrying a bit more in this series. If I was cycling in the Canyonlands of america I would have a bit of kit attached to me.
It would be interesting to see how Ray would do in similar circumstances.

Frank

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE