Any Android techies out there? Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just picked up my android phone LG g2, and opened up chrome browser expecting to see this forum. To my confusion instead of the one tab open another one for iTunes was open. It was a download page for Apple iTunes. I've never been to any Apple website ever from my phone and it was locked in my drawer with me sat next to it since the last time I posted on here.
No body could have accessed it without me spotting a thieving hand entering the drawer. It has avg av on it so should be protected and it has a pattern lock screen. I also wipe the screen clean so the pattern is not to be seen with the trace left from the oils on your finger.

Basically I cannot see any other way it opened other than on its own.

Any ideas?

I'm not a fan of Apple and this annoyed me so I'm curious.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
This, Android links through a Gmail account and will pic up all of your links and the info that Google have collected about you, hence the targeted adverts. The amount of stuff that Android phones usually have pre-installed including all sorts of links via Chrome is horrendous, Samsung are particularly notorious for filling new phones with junk. It's probably that rather than anything untoward. The only way to get rid of most of it is to root the phone which has some risks and which you can't do if you have a contract account.

nurvware

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2013
Wirral
I think your panicking over nothing. It could have been something you may have clicked on before accidentally.

A tab from a desktop session if your account was logged on another device and iTunes was opened on the device from chrome syncing

ITunes for windows won't run on android so calm down.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It was sat in a drawer with case lid folded over screen. My laptop has chrome but it's a works one so I use incognito which IIRC wipes cookies at the end of the session. I've loaded iTunes onto it but it's not been used for 2+ months. I've got no bookmarks to it and only went to the website to download it about a year ago. There can be no way chrome from computer synched across. Besides I've not linked works laptop with personal tablet or phone (both android).
It's this lack of any link with any machine linked with iTunes that confuses me.
It's an LG G2 which seemed to have less bloatware to it than my old galaxy S2. Samsung is a lot wis
worse than LG phones but why would any android phone have anything from Apple on it as the usual bloatware and skin.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Also, why access this forum through the chrome browser when you can use tapatalk. Downkoad it from the play store, I find it much better than trying to navigate a web page and no adverts!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE