Antig Outdoors - Woodlore Stove - Quick review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Just before Christmas, I posted an ad for a Bushbuddy or Bushcooker, but was unable to secure one (until very recently), so I searched around a bit on the internet to see if I could find a reasonably priced new one from any suppliers and in my search came across the Antig Outdoors - Woodlore Stove which very much looks like a BB/BC at a fraction of the cost - I think it was $36 posted which is c £25. The stove is made of tin rather than stainless. At this price it does not attract customs duty or VAT.

http://www.antigoutdoors.com/collections/wood-stoves

I ordered the stove between Xmas and New Year and it arrived on Monday 10th January 2011.

It was well packed in a posting box and upon opening, the stove was wrapped in brown paper, with instructions stuck to it and secured by brown string.

When removed from the brown paper, the stove was in a small draw string bag.

Unlike the BB/BC, the pot stand fits in the bottom of the stove and there is a seperate scorch plate that holds it in when packed. The following images hopefully detail a little more about the construction of the stove.

This is the stove next to the Bushbuddy Ultra - you can clearly see the difference in height - without the pot stand it is 4 7/8" tall. It is that same diameter as the BB and fits in my Snowpeak 900 or Primus ETA pot.

I havent used my BB yet, so cant compare how the stove compares, neither have I done anything constructive with it such as time a boil, I just wanted to get something up so everyone can see it. I was very impressed with how strong it burnt, there was no smoke and there was a very good secondary woodgas burn.

I have done a video of it in action too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6nF8jBAAk

For the money, this appears to be a great little stove.

Antig Outdoors also support the US troops, their site states:

All military personnel in combat will receive this stove free of charge! Just pay for shipping. Send us an email; must be addressed to MPO, APO, or FPO addresses only.

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nice stove,but your image host dont half throw up some spam(my kids were nxt to me when semi dressed woman appeared on screen and i had to ctrl alt del to get rid of it) its happened before with image shack,when clicked on to get closer look.

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Nice stove,but your image host dont half throw up some spam(my kids were nxt to me when semi dressed woman appeared on screen and i had to ctrl alt del to get rid of it) its happened before with image shack,when clicked on to get closer look.

Andy - apologies - I havent posted images before - did a quick search on the forum and the first post came up with image shack, so I used it thinking it was the most appropriate provider to use. Must say it annoys me that these providers have sold out!

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.

All I got was an ad for the Nationwide, oh well....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE