Another Snow Smock (went slightly wrong)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I got a smock sent to me the other day - JOHAN SKOGLUND RYSSLAND -3 crowns printed on the inner label 100% polyester .Question any one ever re dye polyester and if so what brand/product did you use ?

We are talking about dyeing cotton or linen. Don't use cotton dyes on synthetics as they will not work. Hopefully someone who knows how will be along soon.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice work Albus, I like it :). I dyed mine black and it took 2 packs of Dylon machine wash.

To be honest.......

I like it. When I get round to doing mine, I'm aiming for something like that but in a greyey green colour, aka, Return of the Jedi style.

Might start a trend, I can just imagine the next meet :cool:

Endorsoldiers.png

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
I think that is an awesome pattern, can you share with us how that "has gone wrong" cause I am in for a Tie dye adventure, how did you fold/tie it? and dye it?
yours sincerely Ruud

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Cheers guys, glad I'm not the only one to not mind how its turned out :)

As said in the first post it's a random freak :)
Standard household bucket and only one pack of hand dye. This with the weight of the fabric in the compact space has just resulted in a patchy dye. But quite evenly patchy which kind of works.

I think that is an awesome pattern, can you share with us how that "has gone wrong" cause I am in for a Tie dye adventure, how did you fold/tie it? and dye it?
yours sincerely Ruud

It will get an outing this weekend on the Boone challenge so when I get back it can get washed with a green and see how it goes :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE