Another naive kit (Large picc)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tell me if these get boring!

Saw this youngster today. It always surprises me how naive and trusting they are when small. I remember picking one up from the middle of a track where it was in front of my car. It just sat in my hand looking at me as if to say "are we going to be friends"? :)

560064845_032a8658ed_o.jpg

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
thats a pretty picture, keep em comming Red, not boring at all.. I can't see all of the page here for some reason, your writing is missing from the right hand side of the page..???

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
I was out walking in the woods with my dog this morning, luckily I saw a little rabbit just like the one in your picture before the dog did and the rabbit just looked at me so I told it to go home and it hopped away before the dog saw it and could chase it.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Pictures like those that you put up here can never be boring Red.

I've noticed that the young squirrels let you walk right up to them as well.Not much of a survival strategy.:rolleyes:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Certainly never boring Red. You are a superb photographer and it is a treat to see the results from your bimbles.:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:eek:

I wouldn't say that - there are some pros out there whose work is jaw dropping!

It amuses me to take snaps though so I'll keep them coming if they amuse you too. Got some nice insect shots today including mating damsels laying eggs and an odd green spider I'll post up later in my blog or on here. Saw some absolutely stonking trees today too

Red

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I dont mind at all Red look gives me a taste of the outdoors for a few seconds whilst stuck indoors :)

Some of phots of your local raptor population would be nice ;)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Keep them coming Red. We used to have a pet rabbit a few years ago, and it was one of the most friendliest little thing I ever met. Rabbits are very sociable animals and love company and while young they haven't realised not all humans are nice and kind.

PS we kept ours inside, and it had the run of the house while we were in anyway, the wee buggers love eating plastic cables, wood, wallpaper... lol

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
This pic reminds me. I was out walking in the woods with my girlfriend yesterday and we came accross a large injured rabbit, it looked like it had been hit by a car and couldn't move its back legs. I eventually called the RSPCA and told them where it was and then went home as I couldn't do much more for it at the time.

About an hour later I got a call from the RSPCA asking where exactly it was, I was able to direct the person to it and he said it looks dead. When I saw it, it was very much alive. When I asked the person to confirm he just said it looks like it and then said he had to go.

Now I feel a bit responsible because when I first saw it I carried on my walk instead of phoning the RSPCA straight away, as I thought it might recover. :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I wouldn't feel too down about it, there's not much you can do now anyway. It's worth thinking about putting them out of their misery if you find them that badly injured though, it's not as if you will hav an impact on their population as there are millions of them kicking about. Better to end its' suffering, and it can be done quite eaily, although if you are slightly squeamish I'd give it a miss.

Leave it somewhere for the foxes too, if you don't know what has caused an animal to be on deaths door.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Aye, I'd tend to just put it out of its misery - it's not like they're dying out, and a rabbit that can't run away is unlikely to get a chance to die in peace. There's lots of things out there that'd be only too happy to take advantage, and none of them bother to check for a pulse first...

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Aye, I'd tend to just put it out of its misery - it's not like they're dying out, and a rabbit that can't run away is unlikely to get a chance to die in peace. There's lots of things out there that'd be only too happy to take advantage, and none of them bother to check for a pulse first...

I was with the misses so she would have killed me if I tried to do that. It probably died of blood loss or a heart attack before the RSPCA got to it, poor thing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE