Another meths stove...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
After watching a thread where someone used a lynx can for a twin walled stove I thought I would have a go using bits found in the garage.

I found another pellet tin and loosely lined the inside wall with a strip cut from a coke can. The top rim was folded over the pellet tin a couple of mm and the pellet tin lid was placed over this after cutting out a hole in it and again folding the lid cut rim into the stove holding it all firm.

The gap between the twin walls is hardly anything and even though the coke can strip rests flat on the bottom there is enough room for the meths vapours to get into the tiny void and the stove works fine!

I got 1 pint of cold water to a rolling boil in 9.5 minutes using a Trangia kettle rested directly on the stove top.

I also had a bottle set from a mini camp kitchen set I got at a local camp shop and the bottles hold 20, 40 and 80 ml of meths. The little bottle was enough with some spare to boil the pint so it is a handy guide of how much to use as this type of stove is hard to extinguish.

Using 10ml as a guide for each half pint mug of water the bottles should boil 2, 4 and 8 mugs worth for brew ups!

001-11.jpg

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE