Another leather bag not wet formed for a change.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
After Chainsaw was talking about getting round to some projects during the holidays I felt a bit guilty that I had done no more than give the workroom a good clear out and reorganise.

Like most things I find it is getting started that is the major obsticle. once I start I tend to just keep going and it is getting me to stop that becomes the problem.

Anyway I decided the best thing was to get a bit of leather nailed to the form I use for making bags. Then I would need to wait a few days for it to dry and I could then decide whether to make a shoulder bag or a possibles pouch. So this is what I did, however once I had started cutting leather etc I was on a roll.

So after some faffing about I started a small leather bag for carrying some of my shooting gear. I have a canvas bag of about the same size I use for archery stuff so know this is a handy size.

It is made from about 2mm thick leather and for a change I decided to stitch it inside out then turn it the right way. This makes the shape look a bit better but does hide all that slow hand stitching.

I had planned on just riveting the "D" rings and buckles on but opted for stitching in the end as I would always look at the rivets and feel I cheated.

I got the cutting, dyeing and the "D" rings and buckles stitched on yesterday. Today I got the sides stitched on and have just finished oiling it. It needs waxed and polished to finish it off but here are the rough pictures for now.

softbag01.jpg

softbag02.jpg

softbag03.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neat :D very tidy and useful too :approve:
I like that mellow colour :cool:

How do you fancy stitching turnshoes ? Now you've gotten the hang of the process, so to speak ?

cheers,
M

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I like that john , my better half has requested i make her a saddlebag style one !

If I make another one I think I would be tempted to make it in the same shape as the shell bags you can get from Duluth etc

How do you fancy stitching turnshoes ? Now you've gotten the hang of the process, so to speak ?

Sounds like work ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE