Anglesey - campsites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Hi
I often stay on Anglesey and like it up at the valley of the rocks campsite when staying on the west side.
Friendly staff, plenty of space to find your own corner of the site, within a short walk from Porthdafarch and the Paddlers return is a great little friendly pub.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Bagnol site in Treardurr bay is a good site , excellent location for coastal forays etc and good facilities. It can be a bit rowdy though.

I must try the one posted above.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Most of the west Anglesey campsites can be rowdy as it is the main destination for the tourists. Unfortunately, due to the islands proximity to certain northern cities, it does attract a certain type of inner city camper that arrive with a festival tent, a very loud stereo and 400 cans of Stella. Definately to be avoided during Bank Holiday weekends at the very least.

Try TyHen at Rhosneiger (if you can get in - book early) or the other one near the lake there whose name escapes me at present.

My advice would be to go north to some of the little farm campsites if you are looking for unspoilt beauty and a peaceful break.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
We lasted a night at Valley of the Rocks before aforementioned northern chavs turned up with their car steroes ;)

Filthy toilet blocks too - would never go back there.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
Thats a shame about the valley of the rocks campsite i spent 10 nights there last summer without any stereos or chavs, just peace and quiet. I had the stereo and stella brigade at Shell island and llyn gwynant recently. Luck of the draw i suppose.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Bagnol site in Treardurr bay - stopped here in the end. Good site.

There where a few scallies about but they were quiet and well behave - very nice folks in fact, kind of restores your faith.

There was a large group of divers from proper down south but again they where ok - sayed up late but only talked so no real disturbance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE