Andy T's staff competition

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Remember Andy T's competition a little whole ago regarding his puppies. I do, luckily I was the closest, and had the pleasure of having Andy take a piece of old hazel and transform it into a staff.

I asked Andy for a 5 foot staff, with a bald wood spirit at the top, part of a runic compass, a blank section where I could wrap some para cord or leather around for a hand grip, and my initials in runes.

A Couple of emails, and a few weeks later my staff arrived.

It has a wood spirit at the top, with a remarkable resemblance to someone :D, there's some lovely carving below mini me, the runic compass has been inlaid on antler, along with my initials in runes. Andy didn't only leave a place for some cordage, he has wrapped the hand grip with leather thong. More Celtic carving in places around the staff, but it looks like the whole staff has been carved with a wonderful pattern. A brass foot sits at the bottom.

I've seen Andy's pictures on here before, and his work along with others of this fold have always amazed me.

This staff is far beyond what I could have imagined it would look like, and would have happily paid a 3 figure sum for a staff like this. The skill and time gone into this piece of art is epic. Not only that Andy is a thoroughly decent, honest nice bloke.

Andy T, my friend, you are an artist and a gent.

steve.

yjapeten.jpg

5eby2u2u.jpg

yvyrejuq.jpg

y3anesyz.jpg

behyde6a.jpg

y7arebeb.jpg

ejetury6.jpg

uzumabu6.jpg

7u7u8yqa.jpg

vasaqyha.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Kindling ;) .
It is not. FIERCE I tip my hat to Andy's skill and generosity and your jammyness :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
And T is a consument artist & carver, I have one of Andy T's sticks, I have had offers well in excess of what Andy T charged me, it's mine, will stay mine it is fantastic...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE