an overnighter

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
The wee man has persuaded me to take him wild camping this Saturday without a tent
Just bivi bags and we'll build a wee shelter out of branches and stuff.

could you recomend a good place to go, which is remoteish, but with some trees near the road?

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Did you really need persuading? :p and where are you from? might be able to make some better suggestions then.

Sounds like it's going to be good, hope the pair of you have a good time :)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
oh right, sorry can't help there don't know many places up north (even though I used to live there myself) sure some other members will be along soon with some good suggestions...hope you have a great time mate..make sure and take plenty of pictures :p:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i'm in scotland ,hamilton area but i'm willing to travel...

Huh, not fair !

You're spoilt for choice up there lets be honest, I'd be tempted to drive up the Trossachs and take a short walk into some woods somewhere or crash next to a loch even.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
You aren't that far away from Dumfries and Galloway either, which is an excellent and often overlooked area. You certainly won't have to go far away from the car to "get away from it all" in that area.

Hope you have a great time, my five year old loves wild camping now.

Cheers, Michael.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a meet up this weekend at Loch Achray, it's a beautiful bit of the world. There are folks coming along with canoes and archery stuff too.
I know you'd be welcome, and it would be a nice intro to some of the familiar faces :)
I'm only going to visit on the Saturday since I'm working at the Crannog on the Sunday.

I'll find the thread link.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE