An Interview

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Derri

May 21, 2013
Lincoln - UK
Hi Guys and Gals I will soon be interviewing the amazing Rosie Swale Pope MBE.

This lady is an inspiration and a survivalist having run around the world unaided, haveing a wolf pop its head in her tent, and meeting knife wielding naked men. a 3.000 mile horseback ride across South America - Patagonia plus much much more.

Are there any questions apart from why? you think I should ask.

Regards

Derri

Derri

May 21, 2013
Lincoln - UK
Hi Matt, I saw this and thought of you, I am really looking forward if a bit nervous, she really is an inspiration, I wish I was that brave and fit. LOL

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
In the book that Rosie wrote about her "trip" (that word doesn't do her achievements justice somehow) the motivation for undertaking the run/walk is discussed. The trip followed the death of Rosie's husband Clive. I would be interested to learn what, in retrospect, were the highest high points and the lowest low points, both of her physical journey and her emotional journey. In spite of the sad backdrop there was so much positivity in her book; for me, Rosie stepped stepped out of the pages as a person of tremendous warmth. I envy you having the chance to meet her.

Derri

May 21, 2013
Lincoln - UK
Thank you both for your comments, it will be a telephone interview as she is very busy at the moment, Firelite I have just started reading the book and couldnt put this down, she really has done some amazing things in her life time.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
question

"Do you think having such a hard and self sufficient childhood gave you a different perspective on the world, and is that what led you to exploration and nature ?

Derri

May 21, 2013
Lincoln - UK
Well I recently had the pleasure in having a conversation with the lovely Rosie Swale Pope MBE, this lady took time out of her busy schedule, to wish us well in our new venture. She really is an inspiration, having completed many marathons, a little run around the world (her words), she went on to tell me that she is currently writing another book, and is getting back into running after a knee injury, she then told me she had just completed a 120 mile run in aid of a little girl who sadly passed away from Leukaemia, at aged 67 she certainly doesn't do sitting down. and if a 120 mile run is breaking yourself in then I'm not sure what the rest of us could achieve if we put our minds to it. Was a fantastic chat what a lovely lady.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
What a truly amazing person she is.

I've just finished "Just a Little Run Around the World" and I am somewhat stunned as the book is inspiring, but does not do justice to her achievement in running around the world - with NO shortcuts.

My copy is in good nick and I'm happy to mail it on (gratis) if anyone would like a good read. PM me with an address. All I ask is that you put a few bob in the next cancer charity box you see.

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Can't believe I've no takers for the book - she does camp in snow and make tea out of pine needles and bark if that helps with the bushcraft credentials.

Has anyone read her Welsh Winter book?

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
I have a signed copy I gave it to my wife for Christmas awhile ago, a fab read someone take blunderstoned up on his offer!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE