Amsteel

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK

That stuff has a core in it - if the OP is looking to make Whoopie slings etc. the cheapest I've found per metre is from here. You can buy the 2.5mm stuff in reels slightly cheaper from here but I think that it is 8 strand, not 12 (if that makes a difference to you)

As I mentioned in a previous thread, Amsteel is just a trademark for Dyneema and is generally available in the USA.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
That stuff has a core in it - if the OP is looking to make Whoopie slings etc. the cheapest I've found per metre is from here. You can buy the 2.5mm stuff in reels slightly cheaper from here but I think that it is 8 strand, not 12 (if that makes a difference to you)

As I mentioned in a previous thread, Amsteel is just a trademark for Dyneema and is generally available in the USA.

Amsteel Blue is a trade marked product line from Samson. Dyneema is the Trade mark for the UHMW fibres its spun from ;)

7/64 Amsteel blue is 8 strand, 12 strand in 1/8-makes no real difference to splicing for our uses.

You will find our UK braids to be equal or better than Amsteel, so no need to hunt down Amsteel Blue(called blue but comes in many colours :))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE