Ammo crates?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Anchor Surplus in Ripley, Derbyshire usually have piles of them but I don't know how good they are.

generally rubbish in all honesty, if you've got the time and patience to stand there and sort through them then you can sometimes get a decent one but generally they're knackered. i think they have to be in a pretty poor condition for the army to get rid of them in the first place and once they arrive at anchor they're just left in a bin outside so deteriorate pretty quickly too. having said all that and convinced you that you anchor's no good, i've got a few really decent ammo boxes from there in the past, but i'm there regularly enough to pick up the new ones when they come in. you could also try giving them a call and ask them to let you know when they have some good ones in, they're usually pretty good at that kind of thing

stuart

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You'll need something huge to hold 1,000 12b cartridges. It'll weigh a monstrous amount too.

I have a few 20mm mortar cans and even they would only hold maybe 500

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
You'll need something huge to hold 1,000 12b cartridges. It'll weigh a monstrous amount too.

I have a few 20mm mortar cans and even they would only hold maybe 500

Also I get through 50-75 cartridges a week so I want to buy in bulk to save some cash and bulk buy is usually 1000+

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I see the logic in buying by the thousand - I do it. You know what size a slab of 250 is - no way you would get four of them in a box like that one you showed - 250 perhaps

I have one lockable toolbox that will take 1,000 - its about 3 foot long whith wheels and a pull handle :)

Why store them in an ammo can as such? I like them discrete and out of sight - a chest of drawers works well (cheap from a charity shop but you need a strong and solid one) as does a metal filing cabinet (dirt cheap from auctions)

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I've half-a-dozen or so of those in my garage. You're welcome to 'em. Getting them from West Yorkshire to Essex/Cardiff could be problematic though.

Cheers for the offer mate but a bit out of my way!

Why store them in an ammo can as such? I like them discrete and out of sight - a chest of drawers works well (cheap from a charity shop but you need a strong and solid one) as does a metal filing cabinet (dirt cheap from auctions)

Oh it's by no means essential, it just seemed a logical solution if it was viable because ammo crates are designed to store, well ammo! Plus I'd seen them for not particularly expensive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE