ammo box military watertight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
hi i have a military ammunition box that i have decided to put up for swaps. its coated steel with all of the original text and markings on it. water tight rubber seal around the lid, a very sturdy hinge, a handle on the lid and a rock solid, no nonsense catch that pulls the lid very tight over the seal.

Pictures here: http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/tp0tter/library/Bushcraft UK/Ammo Box

i am looking for a decent hammock as i have been sleeping out in the garden in strung up painting cloths for quite a while now! (i am getting constant flak from parents as its an 'accident waiting to happen' :stretcher: :lol:) otherwise, i am looking to expand my bushy collection, but no sharps please as i am only twelve.

Cheers for looking,
Thomas

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Twyforge
Good luck in finding your swap

But

Please paint over the lettering on the ammo tin - just obliterate it so it cannot be read - if it is sent through the post and the package gets torn, or even left in a car or anywhere in public sight with the lettering saying it contains live ammunition - you can be visited by police armed response teams and land yourself in deep trouble.

As cadet staff we often have access to these, but have to paint them over before removing them from military premises.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Twyforge

But

Please paint over the lettering on the ammo tin - just obliterate it so it cannot be read - if it is sent through the post and the package gets torn, or even left in a car or anywhere in public sight with the lettering saying it contains live ammunition - you can be visited by police armed response teams and land yourself in deep trouble.

As cadet staff we often have access to these, but have to paint them over before removing them from military premises.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Thanks for that info. I have the exact same ammo box which i was going to bolt to my motorbike as a toolbox type pannier case. I can just imagine the hassle I'd get with something like that going through customs at the ferry port, not to mention once I got the the UK.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Twyforge. Good luck on the trade.

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
Twyforge

But

ATB

Ogri the trog

What, like just ordinary emulsion or something a bit more heavy duty?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Emulsion paint, being water based wont stick.
It'll need to be an oil based paint - anything from a spray can will do.
At a push you could cover it in duct-tape.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Thanks for that info. I have the exact same ammo box which i was going to bolt to my motorbike as a toolbox type pannier case. I can just imagine the hassle I'd get with something like that going through customs at the ferry port, not to mention once I got the the UK.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Twyforge. Good luck on the trade.

The trouble with doing that - like many things in British law, not every officer knows all of the law. It might be that you could make it through customs and do many miles of travel before coming across the one officer that knows about it and calls in the armed response teams - not something I'd want to be on the receiving end of.

Cheers

Ogri the trog

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
Emulsion paint, being water based wont stick.
It'll need to be an oil based paint - anything from a spray can will do.
At a push you could cover it in duct-tape.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Okay, if anyone would like to arrange a swap, i will ship the ammo box with duck tape covering the writing, therefore the swapper can decide whether to paint it permanently.

Cheers for the input,
Thomas

twyforge

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Winchester
392 views and no one wants it? C'mon, i just want something fun, bushcrafty that i can put past my parents (don't get me started :banghead: ) as worthwhile. Maybe some O1 tool steel, something like 3x40x250 so i can make my next knife and enter it in the knifemaking competition? Maybe some really nice figured wood scraps that someone has lying around in their workshop doing nothing, to put a nice handle on my next knife? a hammock? something cool.
and worth the crazy postage on this thing as well.

Cheers,

Thomas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE