Amazon Fire tablet/Firestick conflict only with BushcraftUK.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I have recently bought an Amazon firestick for the TV. When I use my Amazon fire tablet to view BushcraftUK threads, the screen half veils and doen not respond. Sometimes a message about tapatalk comes on screen and disappears again. Sometimes tapping the screen clears the problem but more often, it does not. If the TV is on, the BushcraftUK sometimes replaces whatever is being watched. Having firestick and the TV switched off makes no difference.

I am intrigued because this does not affect any site other than BushcraftUK, is not consistent, and only happens when I click on a member's entry. My main computer is unaffected. Any suggestions?

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I'm afraid not, other than to say I use a Firestick, Fire tablet and BushcraftUK without issue. Sorry!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
It's weird. It only happens with BushcraftUK and only when I click on a post. I don't use tapatalk, but I wonder if it happens when I'm viewing a posting made via tapatalk. The other starnge thing is that it is intermittent. It hasn't happened for about a week now.

As usual, I always assume these thing are my fault. The lack of replies to my thread would seem to indicate this too. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened when my grandson has been here- he'd have it sorted in a moment!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I had the same issue of a blank message on my fire tablet. I worked round it by tapping the area where a button should be. Not bad the issue for a week or so, since this thread was posted up.

Reactions: oldtimer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE