Amazing...woman stops grizzly bear attack with .25 cal pistol...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter by a woman against a fierce predator.

What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself with?

The Beretta Jetfire 25 cal:
300px-PicB_950_jetfire.jpg

While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of no where. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took!

The bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. It's one of the best pistols in my collection!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
LOL. Love it. And if she hadn't had the gun, she could have just squirted honey all over the BF.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
It's similar to the Billy Connolly tale about two BBC camera men making a wildlife film somewhere in Africa.
Suddenly they were confronted by a lion which started charging toward them. One guy put his camera
down, removed his hiking boots and calmly started lacing up his new Reebok trainers.

''Well that's a waste of time you'll never outrun that lion'' says his mate
''Probably not but if I can outrun you I should be OK'' was his reply.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Hah excellent!

Before I read it I was preparing to get all righteous about a human killing a native animal; just goes to show that you shouldn't jump to conclusions!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE