Aluminium Budweiser Bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
All - Just picked up some World Cup edition aluminium Budweiser bottles - they look ideal to make a white box type stove or lynx can style stove. Haven't got round to drinking it yet but given the elbow is greater than the lynx can, the jets might be a little smaller.

I'm sure someone will beat me to making one.......

Happy drinking! Paul

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
Found them in Tesco at Catterick yesterday and also saw them in Tesco Express in Nottingham (A610? off J26 of the M1) this morning. Think they must be a regular "seasonal" stock item.

Theres a better use for these bottles - just follow these simple steps:

• Take one aluminium budweiser bottle
  • Fill with cement
  • Wait for cement to set
  • Grasp bottle firmly in one hand
  • Pummel skull with cement filled bottle
  • Repeat until you beat enough sense into yourself to stop buying tasteless generic american dishwater and spend your hard earned cash on some proper grown-up's beer that actually tastes of something other than liquidised cardboard.

:cool:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

• Fill with cement
  • Wait for cement to set
  • Repeat until you beat enough sense into yourself to stop buying tasteless generic american dishwater and spend your hard earned cash on some proper grown-up's beer that actually tastes of something other than liquidised cardboard.

Do I detect a Real Ale drinker?? lol

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks

• Fill with cement
  • Wait for cement to set

Would like to make it clear bought these for the bottles and not the beer!!!!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
[*]Repeat until you beat enough sense into yourself to stop buying tasteless generic american dishwater and spend your hard earned cash on some proper grown-up's beer that actually tastes of something other than liquidised cardboard.

Spot on - never understood people who can't drink beer with proper flavour.

Still - off to the Bowman at lunchtime to meet Bushwacker Bob - plenty of the real deal there!!

tinkerer

Forager
Mar 11, 2010
bournemouth
good shout bazza goodjob just been to my local tescos and found the bud bottles:D looks like an afternoon in the batcave for me:rolleyes: luckily i got some beer to drink as well :beerchug: now i just need to find somewhere to pour this fizzy stuff:confused:

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Let's face it, more money was spent by Bud on the can than the beer anyway :)

This will form my first ever alcohol stove, so any guidance would be most welcome.

Can someone point me to some good instructions for a similar kind of can?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
art_lagerboy_whatsthematter_800x.jpg

Gagnrad

Forager
Jul 2, 2010
South East
Let's face it, more money was spent by Bud on the can than the beer anyway :)

I believe they use rice to brew it from -- although presumably there's some malt in there. I guess whatever's cheapest.

Mind you, the real Budweiser that actually comes from Budweis is a craft product and more than acceptable.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
The Czech Budvar is pretty good, I've actually heard marketers refer to the Budweiser effect - trying to produce the blandest and most inoffensive product possible so that no-one can dislike it.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
How about trying one of my favourites:

• Buy a bottle of Innis & Gunn oak aged beer.
  • Get your bottle opener.
  • Open the bottle.
  • Pour out the beer into suitable glass or as my preferred, a tankard.
  • Drink the beer.
  • Recycle bottle.

It's really good, you should try it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE