Alpkit pot hanger set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Some stuff on aliexpress/alibaba is copy but a lot is the same stuff but direct from source so cheaper then from a shop

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Is Alibaba the Chinese copy/knockoff site?]

Alpkit are sourcing from Fire Maple, which are sold on places like Alibaba (or Aliexpress), DX, etc. However, the stove that they have just started selling, which looks a bit like a Jetboil, is cheaper to buy from Alpkit (if they have any left) than Alibaba!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Looks nifty but if you've got 15 mins spare you can make one of these

Weighs nothing, stays on the pot permanently, and don't interfere with the lid

MonsterBeetle

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011
Oxfordshire
Love the steel wire pot hangers.

Older models of their pots won't work with the new hanger...

Not compatible with 1350 ml MytiPot, 750 ml MytiMug and MytiCup pre September 2014 due to them not having a lip for the hooks to hang on to.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Can I ask what sort or wire and connector you used to make that, and where you get them from?

Yeah course, its just the usual push bike brake cable and cut up electrical connector block

what I did was use two pieces of cable to go around the lip, in hindsight one piece would have been easier I think
and for the bail I pre-drilled the top of each connector block then bent each end of the wire 90deg so it would post through and clamp with the same screw as one of the rim wires......if that makes sense?

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Good for reducing the thickness of your wallet only, just twist a wire round the rim (rabbit snare will do) and then you can still use a lid. Oh and if using a MSR Ti kettle like shown above turn the handles upside down so the wider bit is at the top instead (they just pull out) better to grab as don't get so hot like that.
b306bd88-e171-46d0-a2ef-94f786750940.jpg

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
there's a TI "mors" type pot on there too

I'v got some "keith" brand TI pots, the quality is just shy of my msr stuff but still plenty good enough, esp for the price

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE