Alpkit Delta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
Hi there
I'm looking to get a light 2 man tent for my upcoming mountain marathon, (and bike packing) and I like the price and the weight of the delta, but I need to know how bad it really is before I spend, because from the description its terrible?
So, who has experience of it, in what weathers?
That is in advance
Ben

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've heard the fly is too close to the inner which can be a problem in wet weather, you could ditch the inner though.

Some thoughts here

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I have no experience of that particular model but I have a great deal of experience with small tents in all weathers.

If you haven't a lot of experience in small tents then take my word for it, if the tent's ventilation is poor you will be a LOT drier and more comfortable in an MVP bivvy bag, especially if you use a small tarp as well.

The main thing to make sure of with a bivvy bag is that it's roomy enough for comfort. The army issue ones are great and a decent used one is inexpensive.

Insects can be an issue so you might want to think about something with a mesh or a separate mesh.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I took a punt and bought one, aiming to use it as a tarp tent with a a groundsheet. However having played around with it I've found that by tying a couple of overhand knots in the loose strap (for setting up without the inner) and using that to set the pole length then the inner pulls into more of an acceptable shape. I used it for 2 nights this weekend in light wind with gusts up to 30mph, temps were down to 6 deg c and it rained on and off through the night. During the night I slept with my feet towards the wind, occasionally the tent wall was pushed on to my feet, but nothing excessive. In the morning there was some condensation in the apex of the outer, but I left 4 inch gaps at the top of the doors, so I believe this kept condensation down to a minimum.
So to summarise
Fantastic for the price, lightweight & well made (except the inner is a touch too big), ditch the pegs and get some decent ones (I use alpkit Y beams), the inner can be pulled more taught by experimenting with the loose strap, vent the tent adequately to reduce condensation & finally if you're over 6' then it may be too small especially if you've adjusted the strap.
There you go. Can't wait to take it further afield this summer, to north Wales.
download_zps3c0cac08.jpg.html

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE