Alone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yes, you are up to speed. 8 only aired on the 26th US time. The internet gnomes need time, but likely be able to watch the next episode later today.

It's interesting that looks like season 3 is going to be the longest in terms of them staying out there.

Season 1 lasted 56 days, season 2 66 days, and season 3 has passed that and still a handful of contestants in.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
<cough> gnomes had it away to a file server in India five minutes after the broadcast ended
Episode eight - 72 days - 4 remaining - weather getting a bit nippy

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
Not saying I'm a know it all but as I watched him using his knife to bushwhack and noticed his axe unmasked I thought to myself, that's going to go wrong.

to me his cut did not seem that bad to me. not as bad as the Lady in one of the earlier series who had a very nasty cut on her hand. They all are given a good first aid kit and if it was me I would have tried to patch it up myself and carry on. If then it was failing to heel or started to get infected it may then be wiser to tap out but I do think he got on the phone a bit quick.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
to me his cut did not seem that bad to me. not as bad as the Lady in one of the earlier series who had a very nasty cut on her hand. They all are given a good first aid kit and if it was me I would have tried to patch it up myself and carry on. If then it was failing to heel or started to get infected it may then be wiser to tap out but I do think he got on the phone a bit quick.

It could be that some were not fully immunised against Tetanus, with the medical check-ups occurring at weekly? intervals then a contestant could be dead for days before discovery.

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
It could be that some were not fully immunised against Tetanus, with the medical check-ups occurring at weekly? intervals then a contestant could be dead for days before discovery.

I would have thought that preparation for the show would include that the contestants would be up to date with inoculations. But it may be within the competition rules that injuries have to be reported for a medical check. Thinking about it again that is likely what happened here

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Regarding Mary Kate, the season 2 contestant with the axe, I heard on some YouTube that she has permanent damage to her hand.

Surely would have to be vaccinated before travel. MMR, DTaP (Diptherea, Tetanus, and Pertusis) are recommended for all travellers to Argentina.
Would imagine things also vaccinated for Typhoid and Hepatitis A for contaminated food & water. Maybe even Rabies.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I'm enjoying this series possibly because the environment is so different from the previous series. Now I do not profess to any kind of expert and it could just be down to the editing after the event but most of the contestants search for food seems to single strand sometimes stretching to two. Some have spoke of the need to trap or forage but it appears to be some weeks in. I'm guessing it's the editing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE