Alone in the Wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
If you have a reasonable broadband connection take a look at this doco called Alone in the Wilderness . It was filmed by Richard Proenneke in 1969 and documents his first year in the Alaskan wilderness. It shows him building a log cabin with not much more than an axe and a set of chisels. He ended up living at Twin Lakes for 36 years until the age of 86.

Enjoy.

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
I have read his book "One Man's Wilderness: An alaskan odyssey" about five times now, one of my favourite ever books, thanks for the link (did not know there was film from his time in Alaska)

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I have read his book "One Man's Wilderness: An alaskan odyssey" about five times now, one of my favourite ever books, thanks for the link (did not know there was film from his time in Alaska)

Yes after watching Alone in the Wilderness, I ordered the book on amazon. Just amazed by this guys skill set and tenacity. Obviously a talented individual as his ability with the camera delivers some beautiful images.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you have a reasonable broadband connection take a look at this doco called Alone in the Wilderness . It was filmed by Richard Proenneke in 1969 and documents his first year in the Alaskan wilderness. It shows him building a log cabin with not much more than an axe and a set of chisels. He ended up living at Twin Lakes for 36 years until the age of 86.

Enjoy.

A good firefox addon is Download Helper, instead of watching just download it to your hard drive.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I got the video a while ago and recently bought the book as well. There is some outstanding footage there that really leaves many other nature films behind.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I got the video a while ago and recently bought the book as well. There is some outstanding footage there that really leaves many other nature films behind.

I love the footage of the wolverine rolling in the snow and the close up of the moose in the heavy snow. A talented man indeed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE