Aloc Alcohol Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Just ordered the Aloc Alcohol Stove.

Looks good, dirt cheap at £10. Great reviews.

Anyone else use these ??

31QUGHHBbKL.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Never used that type of pot stand but the burner and I are old friends.
It's a meths stove so nothing to really go wrong but a couple of things to be aware of:

Never screw the air-tight cap onto a warm/hot stove. As it cools vacuum pressure will cause pinhole leaks in the brazed joint and whilst these will not cause problems when fired up it will however leak in transit unless left to burn dry. Even then it only takes a bit of meths vapour to add a truly unique flavour to your cooking, so if you carry it inside the billy-can then pop it in a ziplock bag.

Watch out for the rubber O-ring coming adrift,especially in the dark. It will sometimes stick to the stove and they burn awfully well.

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Yes I read about the vaccume issue. This is my first meths stove so it will be good to learn, hopefully not the hard way as I shall take your advice! Watched a video on YouTube and it does look good. I'll let you know how I get on!

Last edited:

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Yes I read about the vaccume issue. This is my first meths stove so it will be good to learn, hopefully not the hard way as I shall take your advice! Watched a video on YouTube and it does look good. I'll let you know how I get on!

Give it a good soaking to wash out factory chemicals, and you may need to ***** the holes slightly bigger as well, ive got the big brother set that comes with pots and windshield

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Don't keep the alcohol in the stove itself. I've seen several of them leak. You get what you pay for in the case of "dirt cheap" ;) (leaks more than the trangia's and esbit's)

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Don't keep the alcohol in the stove itself. I've seen several of them leak. You get what you pay for in the case of "dirt cheap" ;) (leaks more than the trangia's and esbit's)

Good advice.. i transport mine in a clicky round air tight tubs.. 3 for a £1 in home bargains :)

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
The air tight click food containers sounds like the best way to contain it. There are some cheap collapsible aluminium windbreaks on Amazon, shall have to invest in one to go with the Aloc. Any recommendations on best fuel??

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Looks like the stand that comes with the mini Trangia

Yes, and like the mini Trangia stand the bottom of the stand will get quite hot - hot enough to leave a little circular area of dead grass on your lawn, if you were to test it there.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
The wire cover for a computer fan can be utilised with the pot stand to enable crusader mugs etc to be used.
A plumbers soldering mat under the stand helps to reduce or totally prevent scorching.

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
I won't need much, first stove so probably just a 1L will do.

I have been recommended to check out B&M stores, or most home bargain stores.

The wire cover is a good idea

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE