All Season Tyre

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I like allot of folk jumped on the winter tyres bandwagon when we had those bad winter a few years back. It was really just opportunity as my mate was putting alloys on his van, his old wheels fitted mines and our supplier had cheap winter tyres on the go!

It is a right pain having to swap them over so I was looking at alternatives when I noticed all season tyres!

They look like winter tyres with the sipes cut into them but they say they are rated for summer use as well!

Does anyone have any first hand experience with all season tyres in deepish snow?

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
When I had a Kia Sorento with Old Man Emu suspension a guy on a US kia website who worked on an Alaskan oil rig driving 50 miles a day in his Kia recommended Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012 all terrain tyres S 112 mph or H 130 mph speed rating.

I had a set fitted as an all year tyre , quieter than the Goodyear wranglers I had previously fitted, much better ride absolutely superb tyre not quite the full grip of a full on tarmac tyre but still very good in the dry with progressive breakaway when pushed hard in dry or wet, also has a high speed rating; in the snow fantastic & I did quite a bit of on and off road in the snow and regularly in claggy mud when out shooting.

I had them on for 30 months driving 30000 miles still 4.5 mm tread left when car sold.

Would have them on my Kia replacement Audi Q5 in a heartbeat but Yokohama don't do the size or ridiculus W 168 mph rating that audi demand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUe6UQYJVI4

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
We had a set of Nokian all season's on a VW Sharan, worked well for us, no real noticable difference between them and winter tyres. Tread wear rate was increased during the sumer months though, not quite as bad as winter tyres.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE