Aliexpress- Suggestions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I get most of my titanium pots from there. Same quality and parameters than big brands.

Can I ask you a big favor? Any chance to weigh the match case you got on some kitchen scales? Want to compare it to my exotac which is 35g.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I get most of my titanium pots from there. Same quality and parameters than big brands.

Can I ask you a big favor? Any chance to weigh the match case you got on some kitchen scales? Want to compare it to my exotac which is 35g.

A truly massive favour - You owe me big! :)

Its 55 g OR 1.94 Ounces.

Reactions: BigMonster

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
https://convoy.aliexpress.com for Convoy lights, though store is closed for Chinese New Year.

Simon (Convoy's company owner I believe) posts on BudgetLightForums, so it's not an unknown Chinese company.

Last edited:

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I'm not a huge user of Aliexpress.

But i've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Matchcase I ordered.

So has anyone purchased anything else from the site that they have been content with?
Just bought one as my 1st order, cost me 1p and 90p delivery, be here some time in march, I have a feeling i will be blaming you for a load of chinese parcels arriving

• Wow
Reactions: TeeDee

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales

Does seem to be a lot of stainless steel and titanium Tomshoo and Lixada pots there at a faction of the price of Amazon pots

Reactions: MikeeMiracle

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
My bad,i meant do you use paypal or credit card.Not used Aliexpress myself,i seem to be shackled to fleabay and Amazon,just seems that Aliexpress is a lot cheaper,albeit with longer delivery times,which i'm not fussed about.

Oh, I tend to use Paypal. Just convenient I guess.

Reactions: billycoen

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm not a huge user of Aliexpress.

But i've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Matchcase I ordered.

So has anyone purchased anything else from the site that they have been content with?
Literally hundreds of things. I like the prices, most of our stuff is China manufactured, the factories have been improving since I was a kid and it genuinely wasn’t good back then. It is now.

It’s more a question of whether you support a UK reseller who has put their brand on the product and done all the import taxes. For example, Alpkit stoves being originally no-name but now Fire Maple on the Chinese sites are much more expensive as a result of this sort of thread. It will have pinged on their data system gathering and prices will rise.

There are excellent deals to be had, torches, stoves, cooking pots, tents. But the more it gets talked about, the more expensive it gets. At the moment shipping is zero to not much at all, pick your product and take your chance. Just keep it under your hat ;)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Literally hundreds of things. I like the prices, most of our stuff is China manufactured, the factories have been improving since I was a kid and it genuinely wasn’t good back then. It is now.

It’s more a question of whether you support a UK reseller who has put their brand on the product and done all the import taxes. For example, Alpkit stoves being originally no-name but now Fire Maple on the Chinese sites are much more expensive as a result of this sort of thread. It will have pinged on their data system gathering and prices will rise.

There are excellent deals to be had, torches, stoves, cooking pots, tents. But the more it gets talked about, the more expensive it gets. At the moment shipping is zero to not much at all, pick your product and take your chance. Just keep it under your hat ;)

With respect - I think I was looking more for " This bit of kit < insert link > is good! " , rather than an overview on the quasi ethical commercial overtones of what spending at source does here and elsewhere.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
With respect - I think I was looking more for " This bit of kit < insert link > is good! " , rather than an overview on the quasi ethical commercial overtones of what spending at source does here and elsewhere.
Fair enough. Many threads across the forums. But I‘d bet you the cost of the difference in price in months to come that the more it’s chatted about online the higher the cost will become if the product is good.

Tatonka started up really cheap, so did Fire Maple. Those little BRS-1000 Titanium stoves were about a fiver. So this <insert link> is good is only good for a while. It’s not like they don’t notice!

Bazooka Joe

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2011
Danmark
They've killed Aliexpress here. Anything coming from outside the EU, no matter the value, gets Danish VAT added, plus any other import taxes, and finally an £18 handling fee from the post office.

It takes the fun out of buying something for 50p plus postage.

Reactions: BigMonster

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
They've killed Aliexpress here. Anything coming from outside the EU, no matter the value, gets Danish VAT added, plus any other import taxes, and finally an £18 handling fee from the post office.

It takes the fun out of buying something for 50p plus postage.
Yup, one of the beauties of brexit.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Tatonka is an old German brand but I think exclusively overseas production.

You get it here in every outdoor shop.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Various tables, survival cards (they were cheap), a fire pit, titanium mug, various other bits...never anything over £30. With these Chinese sites personal experience from another chinese site, Wish, tells me to stay away from anything "complex" like electronics. Anything which is in effect just pieces of metal you are fine with.

Reactions: cbrdave

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Various tables, survival cards (they were cheap), a fire pit, titanium mug, various other bits...never anything over £30. With these Chinese sites personal experience from another chinese site, Wish, tells me to stay away from anything "complex" like electronics. Anything which is in effect just pieces of metal you are fine with.
I found the same with Wish, i complained and got money back on a few things but then got a suspended account for fraud!, sent all the pics of the broken stuff and told them i wouldn't moan if they made decent stuff suitable for purpose, they apologised and gave me an extra discount on next order, haven't ordered since, will be trying Ali for now and see how they are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE