Aldi Heads Up

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
A true survival food cos it tastes so manky that I would have to be halfway up a mountain and dying of exposure before I would consider eating it.

That way it stays in the rucksack till its needed;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A true survival food cos it tastes so manky that I would have to be halfway up a mountain and dying of exposure before I would consider eating it.

That way it stays in the rucksack till its needed;)

Its a childhood memory for me, the teacher that took us hill walking made sure we ate mint cake, peanuts and raisins when walking during the day. His name was Peter Thomlinson, he would be in his 70's now at a guess, and comes from Liverpool, I would love to meet or talk to the man and thank him for kicking off my interest in history and the outdoors :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Its a childhood memory for me, the teacher that took us hill walking made sure we ate mint cake, peanuts and raisins when walking during the day. His name was Peter Thomlinson, he would be in his 70's now at a guess, and comes from Liverpool, I would love to meet or talk to the man and thank him for kicking off my interest in history and the outdoors :)

Fair nuff, we all have a teacher that we feel that we learned most off and owe a bit to because of it.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Disgusting stuff! :D

If it wasn't for Edmund Hilary nobody would eat it. I bet his team would have been happier with a Green & Blacks organic chocolate bar. :D

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire

have you thought of checking friends united for school reunions etc.

My school was pants for outdoor stuff really, it was my dad that got me into it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Disgusting stuff! :D

If it wasn't for Edmund Hilary nobody would eat it. I bet his team would have been happier with a Green & Blacks organic chocolate bar. :D

Mint cake is like Marmite, you love it or hate it, there seems to be no half measures. As my old School was within smelling distance of the Cadbury factory in Birmingham, I'm a loyal CDM fan :)

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
It's nice stuff, although even at that price it's expensive, maybe I should make some.

Speaking of which, I do have many bags of sugar left over from when I made tablet commercially. God that was an unpleasant job. I remember once or twice trying to cut corners and ending up with aero style tablet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE