Aldi Dremel tool query

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Hi folks,

Aldi had a dremel style power tool in a couple of months back, I picked on up, and am now only getting round to using it on a hobo stove project,

I was using the cutting disk tool and for whatever reason it seems that after about 2cm of cutting that the hole in the middle of the disk becomes so big the disk comes off, im on my 3rd disk, what am i doing wrong ?

3497637613_ac0b48a052.jpg

thanks in advance,

Stoo.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
are you using the red washers?
if not, use them, one either side of the cutting disk.
Make sure you tighten up the screw properly. it sounds like the cutting disk is spinning on your mandrel

I have had no problems with mine.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I've had this problem too, and it's generally caused by impatience, in my experience - namely, applying too much force which puts too much stress on the discs, and causing too much friction - the disc stops moving as fast as the chuck and the centre of the disc gives way. The same effect can be had with something like PVC pipe, where the walls squeeze in on the disc, acting like a brake. Since realising this and starting to let the disc do the work, I've had no problems at all, and that includes cutting the tip off (1.5-2" cut) a 2-3mm hardened carbon steel blade for my Old Hickory mod.

Hope this helps
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE