Alcohol Infused Judas Ear Delight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My Fav is cherry brandy. Try dipping them in dark chocolate after, as well, ! Now that is a delicious treat!

That does sound just about edible. I’m no fan of jelly fungi, I’m wondering if it’s possible to recreate the Jaffa Cake with a Cointreau soak?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Lime Cordial makes it taste very Jaffaesque.

I’m not veggie, but I’d sooner eat a Judas Ear soaked in flavour than pig hoof gelatine. I’ve had jelly fungus in clear Asian soups and couldn’t like the texture at all.

It’s been really hard to find Roses Lime Cordial since April here, we’ve been drinking PLJ if I can’t be bothered to squish lemons. Found some today. :). It’s the little things sometimes, I didn’t realise how much I’d missed it until I’d poured a pint down my neck, bliss.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’m not veggie, but I’d sooner eat a Judas Ear soaked in flavour than pig hoof gelatine. I’ve had jelly fungus in clear Asian soups and couldn’t like the texture at all.

It’s been really hard to find Roses Lime Cordial since April here, we’ve been drinking PLJ if I can’t be bothered to squish lemons. Found some today. :). It’s the little things sometimes, I didn’t realise how much I’d missed it until I’d poured a pint down my neck, bliss.

Must admit I find Judas Ear one of those things that is so ubiquitous that I Desperately wanted to try and find a useful way to make it more palatable because as you noted , its flavour is somewhat minging....... You can dehydrate it then reinfuse it with Chicken stock which makes it a bit tastier. ( " bit " is quite subjective.... )

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE