Albion Burgundian sword, with custom scabbard and shield. PRICE DROP.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfbaine

Mar 18, 2013
Rickmansworth
I will, regretfully, be selling my Albion Burgundian with custom scabbard from Tod's Stuff and Ulfberth heater shield painted by me. The sword is just a touch too heavy for my thin wrists.
The sword is 39.125inches (99.4cm) total length, with a 32.25inch (81.9cm) blade, the blade width 1.87inches (4.75cm), CoG is 4.25inches (10.58cm), CoP is 21.75inches (55.2cm), weight is 2 lbs 11 oz (1.21kg). There is one small pit on the hilt of the sword (as pictured), but it may have been a manufacturing flaw. The blade is in perfect condition, no scratches, chips or rust at all. It has an oxblood grip and the blade is sharp, although not razor sharp.

IMG_0595.jpgIMG_0580.jpgIMG_0581.jpgIMG_0584.jpgIMG_0597.jpgIMG_0610.jpgIMG_0589.jpgIMG_0604.jpgIMG_0606.jpgIMG_0607.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

The scabbard was custom made by Tod's Stuff (who used to deal with Albion Europe before they closed up shop) specifically for this blade. It's black leather with a double wrap belt loop (goes around the waist twice), rain flaps, a Valknut and a falcon stooping are stamped into the leather, and there's a thin leather strap at the top of the scabbard to loop around the sword hilt and attach to a brass button on the back to effectively 'peace-bond' the sword. The buckle is steel and there is a horseshoe chape at the bottom.

IMG_0615.jpgIMG_0617.jpgIMG_0616.jpgIMG_0618.jpgIMG_0620.jpg

The shield is made by Ulfberth from 2mm sheet steel with thicker bordered edges and was painted by me. There's thick back padding and a leather strap and a solid steel, leather wrapped handle. Strangely, the handle and the leather strap are in the wrong positions. The solid handle is at the bottom of the shield with the leather strap at the top left as seen from behind. The normal arrangement would be for the handle to be at the top right of the shield with the leather strap along the bottom left edge, both as seen from the back, so that you'd be able to hold the shields upper edge beneath your chin. Still a nice addition to the sword with the same designs. It is designed for full contact. I painted this shield myself with Hammerite-Hammered finish metal paint, so the texture is a little uneven. There is some scratching on the surface of the shield where I removed some paint with sandpaper., the scratches show up more when tilted to the light. The shield is 52cm tall, 37.5cm wide and weighs 3.3kg

I'm asking £800 OBO + shipping with insurance for the sword, scabbard and shield. Sword was originally bought for £600, scabbard for £555 and shield for £63. I will accept Paypal.

Last edited:

Wolfbaine

Mar 18, 2013
Rickmansworth
Well, I've just been informed that shipping the sword anywhere, even within the UK, would be in violation of the 'Dangerous Goods Act' of January 2013. If I tried to sneak the sword through the mail and it was discovered then the sword would be disposed of, no compensation given and I would possibly face criminal prosecution.
Due to this ridiculous legislation I've had to make it collection only from where I live in Hertfordshire, and the price has dropped to £700 for just the sword and scabbard and £720 for the addition of the shield.

Wolfbaine

Mar 18, 2013
Rickmansworth
Turns out I was wrong before, DHL will be happy to ship the sword, so the sword is back up for delivery options. I will, however, drop the sword to £700 + shipping for the sword and scabbard, slightly extra for adding in the shield. If you're abroad and want a sword, then now would be a perfect time to buy this as the GBP is at a 31 year low.

Last edited:

Wolfbaine

Mar 18, 2013
Rickmansworth
I'm looking for as quick a sale as possible so please make an offer for the sword and scabbard, you don't need to take the shield as well. Let me know if you're including the cost of shipping/customs in the offer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE