albino blackbird rare?

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
A few weeks ago I went to quote for building an oak bridge at the other end of the valley, walking back thought the fields with the warden for the property we saw an albino blackbird which he said had been resident for 2 seasons. Now I have often seen blackbirds and corvids with a few white feathers but this was the first real albino. It stood out like a tiny egret and I am amazed that it hasn't been picked up by the first passing sparrowhawk.
I just heard that I got the job so will be working up there for a few weeks in the spring and you can be sure I'll be taking the camera with a long lens.
Anyone else ever seen any wild albinos of any species?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
There's a resident albino blackbird at my local RSPB reserve, try as i might i've never managed to get a photo of it though:( , also where i fish we have an albino squirrel.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We've got a half white one, it's head is white and it looks like a skull bobbing along. Totally weird. It seems to breed this anomally too because every so often there's another one appears.......unless blackies can live for 20 years :confused:

cheers,
Toddy

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Over the years Ive seen both a pure white albino blackbird and a part white black bird visit our rear garden.Not seen even a regular blackbird round here for a few years now and Ive not seen a song thrush in over 25 years sadly:( ,both were once commonplace round here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE