Alan Wood Pioneer knife

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I am putting up for sale an Alan Wood pioneer knife.
This knife is one of the 25 knives that Alan Wood made to celebrate his 25th anniversary in knife making . The 25 pioneer knives that were made for the anniversary all have a makers mark which was designed for this occasion . This knife is number 2 of 25 .

This pioneer knife is an excellent bushcraft design , it is technically a hollow ground blade made from 4.4mm A2 Steel but was left quite thick near the cutting edge (2mm) so you then get a Scandi type bevel for the actual cutting edge.
This knife gives you the benefit of a 2mm thick scandi for carving and slicing but is backed up by a thick (4.4mm) spine so is also very strong and good for tasks like splitting kindling for your fire.
The spine of the knife produces amazing sparks when used with a ferero fire rod and is very good for tasks like scraping bark ect ect

The blade is made form A2 which is sharpens up to a very very good edge and it also hold this edge very well .

The full specs for this knife are below

Handle :4.5 inches with cocobolo scales , red liners and tapered tang
Blade : 3.75 inches and A2 steel

There is a nice patina forming on the blade however as this knife has been a user it does have some marks on it and is not in perfect tip top condition , it has a few scratch/scuff marks on the face of the blade from sharpening stone slips on my behalf ( I have taken some photos of these marks and they are below) . The blade is currently extremely sharp .
If you would like to buy this for a collectors piece then I think may want to do some work on it to restore to mint condition or even send it to someone to do this for you however if you want this as a user then its fine as is :) .

I would like £225 posted with fees for this knife ////NOW SOLD////

P1030447.jpg

P1030448.jpg

P1030463.jpg

P1030450.jpg

P1030452.jpg

P1030453.jpg

P1030461.jpg

P1030460.jpg

P1030462.jpg

P1030465.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE