Afternoon on the loch on the sun

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Carrying on my theme of keeping busy this weekend to make up for not making glen Coe, today I took myself out for an afternoon paddle.

Being a novice at Canadian canoes I've tended to join other people but today I quite literally pushed the boat out alone.

Not living to far from castle Semple loch and being given permission to use works kit I helped myself to a few paddles and took one of the new boats out for a spin.

The sun was shining and everyone and their dog seemed to be out in the country park. To my joy it appeared as if all the people were land lubbers and I had the water to myself.

Only a gentle breeze blowing from the East meant easy paddling and it wasn't long before I'd left noise of chatting people and swapped it for chattering geese.

Only covered about 5km in an hour but think that's not bad going for chap who's only just given up the goon stroke for the J stroke lol

here are a few pics

nytu2e2a.jpg

4uta8eja.jpg

2uzebaqy.jpg

dy2e7a3u.jpg

4uvygy4u.jpg

e4ymy6ej.jpg

Orric

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Excellent stuff mate, are the pooch and the Mrs canoe lovers too?

Furthest I got this weekend was a quick wander round the flood ponds and burns of the Great North Park / Three Hills :-(

epa611

Dec 8, 2012
Johnstone
Hi Orric, Great pics. I'm just along the road from you in Johnstone. Probably bump into you at the loch some weekend as I'm working in Istanbul during the week at present. You can spot the wife and me, we're usually on black Bromptons with our Trangia having a brew ;-)

Paul

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Excellent stuff mate, are the pooch and the Mrs canoe lovers too?

Furthest I got this weekend was a quick wander round the flood ponds and burns of the Great North Park / Three Hills :-(

as I'm still learning have kept pooch away from the boats......no idea how he'll take to it but once I'm comfortable/confident enough I'll take him out with me.

If anyone wants to go out on the loch with me just drop me a msg. more the merrier :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE