advise re spostage and handling costs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
hi..

i recently wrote to PRI expressing interest in the Karrimor Sabre 35 and Delta 35 and asked for their prices plus postage to Australia. This is the response i got

"Dear Jeelan,
I must apologise for the delay in replying, technical problems our end.
We can supply you, The Sabre 35 in olive £36.00, the Delta 35 in olive is £50.00. Carriage for either would be £62.95 but if you have both it would only be £76.95.
Regards Roger."

Can anyone advise whether this shipping cost sounds correct????? at total cost of almost 99 quid, this is almost AUD$350, i can buy a full size 100L berghaus for this price locally.

I wouldn't think the Sabre weighs more than 1.5kg so i cant imagine the price being based on weight and volume wise it may be largish but quite flat .

I responded to rogers email and asked for a reconfirmation of shipping price but i'm still waiting for a response.

any light anyone here can throw would be much appreciated.

regards
Jeelan

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Carpe_Diem said:
hi..

i recently wrote to PRI expressing interest in the Karrimor Sabre 35 and Delta 35 and asked for their prices plus postage to Australia. This is the response i got

"Dear Jeelan,
I must apologise for the delay in replying, technical problems our end.
We can supply you, The Sabre 35 in olive £36.00, the Delta 35 in olive is £50.00. Carriage for either would be £62.95 but if you have both it would only be £76.95.
Regards Roger."

Can anyone advise whether this shipping cost sounds correct????? at total cost of almost 99 quid, this is almost AUD$350, i can buy a full size 100L berghaus for this price locally.

I wouldn't think the Sabre weighs more than 1.5kg so i cant imagine the price being based on weight and volume wise it may be largish but quite flat .

I responded to rogers email and asked for a reconfirmation of shipping price but i'm still waiting for a response.

any light anyone here can throw would be much appreciated.

regards
Jeelan

I am not sure where PRI are based but if it is the UK then check out typical postal charges with Parcelforce:

www.parcelforce.com

Using Datapost a 2kg parcel (allowing for packaging) to one of the main cities in AUS costs:

International Datapost £59.05 4-5 days

There are slower services such as standard and economy so perhaps you can ask them to use one of those for a cheaper rate :?:

Standard would be the best cost/ time option if they would do it:

International Standard £36.75 Delivery Aim 6-10 Days

But remember Economy is shipped I think and takes an age!

International Economy £32.00 Delivery Aim 42-61 Days

They may use another carrier of course but this gives you some idea and also large volume could affect cost.

Good luck :wink:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
CD

I have ordered stuff the other way and a pair of rm williams boots cost $60 to ship economy air 8-10 days. The exchange rate makes this better for me than it is the other way round for you. If you can find a way of getting cheaper shipping either suggest it to PRI or pm me and we can see if I can order it here and send it on to you. Doesn't sound like it will be much cheaper though.

Bill

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Or you could think unconventionally... Find someone who is travelling to Aus, or to the UK and back to Aus, who could be bribed to carry one for you.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
i'm in perth, western australia.

i've thought about doing it the way some have suggested, ie getting someone to send it to me OR finding someone who's going there and coming back (which would be easiest).

we DO get Karrimor Sabre gear here through a local distributor, but they've never heard of the SAbre 35. I recently mail ordered one from the supplier in Sydney and they send out a SAbre 30 instead. Apparently the local range consists only of SAbre 30 and 45. They haven't heard of the Delta range either.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
hehe...that's exactly the problem...Acktiv8 who are the local distributors dont have any outlets in PErth. They are based in Sydney so for me its mail order in any case....

in that sense getting good gear is REALLY frustrating being in PErth because of the limited market size there are a LOT of companies who simply dont have products in shops in WA.

I'd say the two major suppliers who make good quality gear and are readily available across their portofolio are Macpac and another company called Wilderness Equipment. Berghaus has only limited portfolio and snugpak is available at some outrageous pricing through 1 surplus supplier....

ARGGHHH...lol.......just one of those things.

I sometimes pick up good kit when i'm overseas especially US. Haven't had the opportunity to train with european forces...most of the training we do with british forces is with the gurkha regiment in Brunei and previously the Blackwatch in HK when it was based there so i'm not too familiar with european gear makers.

Most of my experience is with companies like Eagle Industries, Blackhawk, CAmelbak Maximum Gear etc....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE