Advice wanted: Hiking near Stockholm

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone out there who's got first hand experience in hiking around Stockholm (Sweden)?

Already found this website: http://www.visitsweden.com/sweden/Attractions/Outdoor-activities/Hiking/ anything you'd advise?

SWMBO (not an experienced hiker) is planning to visit Stockholm early August. I'll probably join her for another 2 weeks mid-August, after the Moot. When I'm there she likes to do some camping trips.

So, i'm looking for some interesting routes near Stockholm, that are fun and not to hard. Preferably with villages along the way for provisions (2-3 days).

Thanks! ;)

EDIT to add:
We'll take a tent.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
There are at least a couple of marked hiking trails ner Stockholm: Roslagsleden and Sörmlandsleden. Both are marked, mostly on easy trails and tend to pass by prepared campsites (fireplaces, log lean-to shelters, etc). There are plenty of busses, so you can e.g. take the subway and bus to one end of Roslagsleden, and then take another bus (+subway) back to Stockholm when finished. Roslagsleden is north of Stockholm and about 50 km long, Sörmlandsleden is longer, but one can do a section of it easilly. It might be possible to do some light shopping, but I could not say for certain (there has been a great death of the small local grocery store in the last decades).

Water is the tricky bit, that close to Stockholm I would be slightly hesitant to drink wild water, but purification tabs or a filter should sort it out (or ask politely at a farm if you can refill your canteen). Also, at that time there might or might not be a fire-ban, it all depends on the weather. Mid-August is around when schools start, so there might be less people oiut and about, which should be to your benefit. Expect fairly warm weather (mid 20's in day, probably around +10C at night), possibly dry, possibly rainy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE