Advice please - Low cost bush/field knife - £40 sub.??

Gearpac

Nov 6, 2007
North Wales
Hi Folks,
I am looking for a reasonable quality, general bushcraft, camping fixed blade knife. Full tang. Wooden handle. Prefer a good handle length, as have big hands.

I want it for general work, cutting cordage, meat, sharpening the odd stake. Not splitting wood. I have an axe for that and won't be battening.

I am working to a budget of £40 sub and so, realise there will be come compromise.

But would love to know what people recommend and what is out there. I don't have much experience with knives.

Cheers

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Given your criteria I'd say a Condor Bushlore....

But don't dismiss stick tang knives, I've used a Pukko for years it can happily batton with it and it takes a wicked edge.

4941.jpg

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Wow, that looks/sounds like a really nice knife. I have been tempted to jump in and pay £100+ for ones that look very similar, I think I'm going to give this a go at that price, Thanks :)

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
How about asking a maker to supply you with a blank and putting a handle on one yourself? It can be done with basic tools and you will love it the more for the personal touch! FGYT does good quality blanks but there are many other makers offering similar services.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE