Advice please hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Think about making your own, mate. Im lying in my own hammock right this second, made it from a set of old cotton curtains, simply knotted at each end, to larkshead my suspension onto. Cost a fraction of buying premade gear. ditto with suspension, vety easy to follow the tutotials to splice amsteel into whoopie slings, soft shackles, continous loops etc

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I'm a big advocate of hammocks, but there are cheaper alternatives to be more "at one with nature" if you are on a budget. If cash is tight, why not just start with a ground sheet and a tarp. See how you get on with that and then progress to hammocks. You will still use the tarp if you up grade to hammocks, but you will still get the full on outdoor experience.

Also hammocks don't suit everyone.

I second this I love my hammock but if cash is tight then this is a great way to go plus your all together under the one roof so to speak sharing the laughs and enjoying the experience.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE